On 29/07/2020, UPSC announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed MBBS for the position of Combined Medical Services Examination 2020.
|Exam Name||Combined Medical Services Examination 2020|
|No of Posts||559 Posts|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date to Apply||18/08/2020|
1. Exam: Combined Medical Services Examination 2020
2. Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the examination:
i. All candidates (male/female/transgender) are requested to carefully read the Rules of Combined Medical Services Examination notified by the Government (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare) and this Notice of Examination derived from these Rules.
ii. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
iii. Mere issue of e-Admit Card to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission
3. Centres of Examination: The centres and the dates of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur.
ii. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice
4. (a) The Services/Posts to which recruitment is to be made and the approximate number of vacancies to be filled are given below :-
i. Category-I: Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service – 182
(i) Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways.- 300
(ii) Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service. – 66
(iii) General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council. – 04
(iv) General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 07
6. Physical and Medical Standards: Candidates must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Examination 2020 as per regulations contained in Appendix III to the Rules of the Examination.
7. Assistant Divisional MEDICAL Officer in the Railways : (a) The post of Assistant Division al Medical Officer in the Indian Railway Health Service is in Group A Junior Scale in level 10 of Pay Matrix (Pre Revised PB-3, Rs. 15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) and it carries Non-Practising Allowance as per rules/orders in force from time to time. Private practice is prohibited. The candidate will be bound to observe the orders which the Ministry of Railways or any other competent authority may issue from time to time restricting or prohibiting private practice by him/her.
(b) A candidate will be appointed on probation for a period of One year which may be extended by the Government if considered necessary. On satisfactory completion of the probation, candidates will be eligible for confirmation in the junior scale of the Indian Railway Medical Service.
8. Posts of Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence.
(i) The Post are temporary in Group A but likely to be made permanent in due course.
(ii) Pay level 10 of the pay matrix plus NPA (as per rate and rules in vogue and as amended from time to time.
(iii) Promotional avenues to higher grades are available as per the provisions of IOFHS rules and the orders issued by the Government from time to time.
(iv) The Candidate can be posted in any of the Ordnance Factory Hospitals or dispensaries in the country. These are currently situated in the following locations Andhra PradeshYeddumailaram; Bihar-Nalanda; Chandigarh; Madhya Pradesh-Jabalpur Itarsi, Katni; Maharashtra-Ambernath, Pune, Nagpur, Bhandara, Bhusawal, Chandarpur, Dehu Road, Varangaon, Uttar Pradesh- Kanpur, Muradnagar, Shajahanpur, Hazratpur, Korwah; Tamil Nadu-Chennai, Tiruchirapalli, Aruvankadu; West Bengal-Kolkata; Utttaranchal, Dehradun; Odisha-Bolangir
9. Junior Scale posts in the Central Health Service.
(a) The posts are temporary but likely to continue indefinitely. Candidates will be appointed to Junior Group ‘A’ scale and they will be on probation for the period of 2 years from the date of appointment which may be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the competent authority. They will be confirmed after the satisfactory completion of probation subject to availability of permanent posts.
(b) The candidates can be posted anywhere in India in any dispensary or hospital under any organisation participating in the Central Health Service viz. C.G.H.S. operating at Delhi, Bangalore, Bombay, Meerut, Lakshadweep Andaman and Nicobar Islands, P&T department etc. Private practice of any kind whatsoever including lab and consultant practice is prohibited.
(c) The scale of pay admissible to the Medical Officer of CHS is in the Level-10 (Rs. 56,100 to Rs.1,77,500/-) of the pay matrix and NPA as per orders issued by the Government from time to time, and the promotional avenues will be available as per the provision of CHS Rules, 2014 and the orders and instructions issued by the Government from time to time.
10. General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council: (a) Pay Matrix Level-10 Rs. 56,100-1,77,500/- + restricted Non-practicing allowance (NPA).
(b) Ordinary rules regarding pensions, gratuity, confirmation etc. as enforced in the Council from time to time will be applicable.
(c) The candidate will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of appointment which may be extended at the discretion of the competent authority. On satisfactory completion of the probation period will continue in the temporary capacity till confirmed against the permanent vacancy.
(d) The candidate can be posted anywhere within the jurisdiction of the N.D.M.C. in any of the hospital/dispensaries/M & C family welfare Centres/Primary Health Centres etc. (e) Private practice of any kind whatsoever is prohibited.
(f) The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice on either side during the period of probation and thereafter, while employed in temporary capacity, NDMC reserves the right to one month’s pay in lieu of notice.
(g) GDMO shall be entitled for promotion as Senior Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix Level–11 Rs.67700-208700/- and from Senior Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix Level-12 Rs.78800-209200/- and from Chief Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer (Nonfunctional Selection Grade) in the Pay Matrix Level–13 Rs.118500-214100/- and Senior Administrative Grade Pay Matrix Level–14 Rs.144200-218200/-.
11. General Duty Medical Officer Gr.II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation:
(i) Salary at the minimum of first cell of Rs.56,100/- in the level 10 of the Pay Matrix under 7th CPC (corresponding to pre-revised scale in PB–3 Rs.15600-39100+GP Rs.5400/-)plus NPA and other admissible allowances as per rules.
(ii) The candidates will be on probation for a period of two year from the date of appointment which may be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. On satisfactory completion of the probation period, he will continue in the temporary post till confirmed against the permanent vacancy.
(iii) The candidate can be posted anywhere within the jurisdiction of the East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation in anyone of the Hospital/Dispensaries/M&CW and Family Welfare Centres/Primary Health Centres etc.
12. Educational Qualification: For admission to the examination a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
1. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes andthe Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(II) (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, and (a) blindness and low vision, (b) deaf and hard of hearing, (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy, (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) multiple disabilities from amongst person under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness. will be eligible for grant of cumulative agerelaxation under both the categories.
2. The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service are indicated in Appendix V of this notice which are identified and prescribed by the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) as per the provisions of Section 33 and 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Only those category (ies) of disability (ies) mentioned in Appendix V shall apply for the examination under Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) Category. Therefore, the candidates belonging to the Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are advised to read it carefully before applying for the examination,.
3. The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ExServicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
4. The age concession under Rule 3 II(b (iv) and (v) will be admissible to Exservicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his/her own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his/her pension
5. Notwithstanding the provision of age-relaxation under para 3 (II) (b) (vi) above, a Person with Benchmark Disability will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/posts to be allocated to the Persons with Benchmark Disability by the Government.
6. Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
7. Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any ground whatsoever
8. A candidate who has yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection he/she will be appointed only after he/she has completed the compulsory rotating internship
General Instructions for Examination:
1. Candidates must mark the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to mark the answers for them. The Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the categories of blindness, locomotor disability (both arm affected–BA) and cerebral palsy will be provided the facility of scribe, if desired by the person.
2. In case of other category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined under section 2(r) of the RPwD Act, 2016, the facility of scribe will be allowed to such candidates on production of a certificate to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write examination on his/her behalf, from the Chief Medical Officer/ Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Government Health Care institution as per proforma
3. The candidates have discretion of opting for his/ her own scribe or request the Commission for the same. The details of scribe i.e. whether own or the Commission’s and the details of scribe in case candidates are bringing their own scribe, will be sought at the time of filling up the application form online
4. The qualification of the Commission’s scribe as well as own scribe will not be more than the minimum qualification criteria of the examination. However, the qualification of the scribe should always be matriculate or above.
5. The Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability (both arm affected-BA) and cerebral palsy will be allowed Compensatory Time of twenty minutes per hour of the examination. In case of other categories of Person with Benchmark Disabilities, this facility will be provided on production of a certificate to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write from the Chief Medical Officer/Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Government Health Care institution.
Selection Procedure :
1. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
2. Penalty for wrong answers: Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
3. The written examination for Combined Medical Service for two objective papers will be conducted in Computer based mode.
4. Physical and Medical Standards
5. Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Interview/ Personality Test will carry 100 marks.
6. The Interview for Personality Test will be intended to serve as a supplement to the computer based examination for testing the General Knowledge and ability of the candidates in the fields of their academic study and also in the nature of a personality test to assess the candidate’s intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgement and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
How to Apply :
1. Candidates are required to apply online by using the website https://upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the Online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II (A). Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
2. The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
3. Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence/ Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/ Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/ her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/ Personality Test.
4. Last date for Submission and Withdrawal of Applications:
(i) The online Applications can be filled upto 18th August, 2020 till 6.00 P.M.
(ii) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 25.08.2020 to 31.08.2020 till 6.00 PM.
5. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website https://upsconline.nic.in for downloading by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-mail i.d. while filling up Online Application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.Click Here for Full Job Notification Click Here to Apply